Each month I put together a bunch of blog posts about Twitter for About.com and write a blog post about them here. This month I though I’d add a little value by posting about some of the biggest news stories about Twitter too. So, y’know, we can call keep updated. More on that later.
First and foremost, let’s talk about the new articles up on About. You know I’m loving on the Twitter Chats lately, so I surveyed my followers and elsewhere for everybody’s favorite Twitter chats. #SEOChat was recommended by three separate people, making it a favorite.
Also, I’m in the event mood this month because we just wrapped up shooting and speaking at the Mequoda Summit which is my favorite yearly event. It’s meant to be small and intense, under 100 people, so every year it’s like a family reunion of people that you get to catch up with. So with that on my mind, I wrote about event marketing on Twitter, which also triggered me to give a hat tip to #CMWorld, which is a Twitter Chat for Content Marketing World conference. Those smartypants asked their speakers to host Twitter Chats for weeks leading up to the event. And it worked on me, too. After attending a few chats, I really wished I could go. It’s on my list for next year!
Then, for the newbies, I wrote about how to find people on Twitter by email. I found it odd that Twitter doesn’t have a search field for just one email address. It appears that you can only look someone up by their email if it’s in your address book. The obvious solution is that you can just add their address to your book, but what a hassle.
Finally, for fun, some tips (and a few thoughts) on choosing a custom Twitter Background. This one made me feel really nostalgic about the things I used to customize back in 1999 when electronics first started getting customizable. More story via the link.
As for other Twitter news, here are a few things you might have missed:
- Twitter Officially Files for IPO http://goo.gl/fb/6CC6v & #Twitter May Go Public Before Thanksgiving http://goo.gl/fb/VmdmZ
- #Twitter Will List on New York Stock Exchange http://goo.gl/fb/U66OX
- #Twitter Seeks $1 Billion Line of Credit, Report Says http://goo.gl/fb/EjTtG
- #Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins #Twitter http://goo.gl/fb/uonBG
- Twitter Adds Alerts to Help Users During Emergencies, Disasters http://goo.gl/fb/x6xG6
- #NFL Will Show Instant Replays via #Twitter http://goo.gl/fb/eFf5x
- #Twitter Update Sends Follow Suggestions via Mobile Alerts http://goo.gl/fb/2Uv25
- #Twitter‘s New “Verified” Filter Lets Celebs Hob-Nob In Peace http://goo.gl/fb/Eea6w
- Coke Ad Includes Live Tweets http://goo.gl/fb/akdxu
- Twitter Account of Somali Insurgents is Shut Down http://goo.gl/fb/mk0sI
- New on Twitter: Lead Generation Cards for All Advertisers; Conversation View http://goo.gl/fb/SNKdy
- #Twitter Launches A Beta Testing Program On Android http://goo.gl/fb/cgB70
- Twitter Buys Social TV Analytics Company Trendrr http://goo.gl/fb/MzPLD
- Twitter Adds CBS to Its Stable of Big Advertising Partners http://goo.gl/fb/Kh5lT
Follow me on @About_Tweeting for all the Twitter news and tips you’ll ever want. See you next month!
Did you know that I’m now managing Twitter.About.com?
From now on I’ll be sharing a bunch of quick-tip articles here that link back to all the new tips,
strategies, apps and tactics I’m posting over there that will help you sharpen your Twitter chops.
Consider it cross-pollination!